Monday, July 13, 2009

What Happened to Hauntr

So, quite a while ago I started a twitter-ish service called Hauntr. It was a very simple laconica server designed ofr haunters and Halloween enthusiasts.

Well, it's been down for a while and I thought I should let the few who used it know why.

The server died. That simple. The server I was using for Hauntr and all of TTP (except this blog of course) went all Marion Crane on me. I had TTP backed up but not hantr.

so why haven't I rebuilt it?
At the moment it simply wouldn't be worth the amount of time it would take to build and maintain something like that. Daughter, work and freelancing take up more time than I have in a day. I can't skimp on two and I refuse to cut down on the third so, no spooky twitter for now.
It wasn't exactly tearing up the web anyway, but a few people were using it and one did ask about it so, I thought I would explain.

Maybe someday it'll rise again. After all,it's a Halloween site.

1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I hear you on the time issue!!! How do any of us do it all.

Cheers!