Friday, September 12, 2008

Spooky Blue & Thoughts on the Haunter Community

The GrumbleSpookyblue - Dogs, Cats, Halloween Haunts & Other Things of Varying Degrees of Interest.


This is one of my all-time favorite sites. It has fantastic haunt props and even better Howtos of each one. The Howtos read very well, they are informative and funny. His blog is great too and recently became more of the focus. This site was paramount in my initial run last year and will be for this years sophomore effort.

Well, as much as there will be a sophomore effort considering I pretty much spend almost every moment at home with Veronica (see post).

I've had the privilege of speaking with Spooky a few times since I originally posted this, one of the nicest guys you will meet. Seriously, great guy.

I have noticed since I started dipping my toe into the world of Haunters and Halloween lovers that almost everyone I have met has been extremely nice and helpful. Everyone has been more that accommodating with my questions and comments. It really is a wonderful group of people to know. Particularly Spooky Blue, Season of Shadows, Pumpkin Hollow and Pumpkinrot. All of whom have been like new friends.

Compare that to the other communities that I am heavily involved in, Linux and programmer/technologists -in-general where the nice guy to jerk-ass ratio is easily 50/50 and you'll see one of the reasons I prefer to spend most of my time in the company of my Halloween friends.

Thanks everybody!

1 comment:

SeasonOfShadows.com said...

Johnny,

Thanks, man. The feeling is absolutely mutual about you as well. I agree about all of the guys you mentioned. A great group of people!